28 Jan 550 Pairs of Socks Collected Across Canada!
SO many socks!
Our 2018 Barefoot for Barefeet sock drive continued to grow as we invited clients and colleagues across the country to collect new, warm socks at their workplaces. The idea was to encourage donations in multiple areas for local organizations that assist low income and homeless individuals over the winter. Last year’s record was blown out of the water with a final tally of 550 pairs of socks!
We’d like to give a big shout out to our Barefoot for Barefeet partners:
Nova Scotia Partners
- Nova Scotia Health Authority: Mental Health & Addiction Services (Middleton)
- Shannex: Celtic Court (Sydney) donated to Loaves & Fishes
- 211 Info & Referral Services Association (Dartmouth)
- Nova Scotia Health Authority: Public Engagement (Halifax)
- Nova Scotia Health Authority: Continuing Care (Halifax)
- Hosting partner Hawthorne Business Centre staff
- Nova Scotia Trucking Safety Association
- Health Care Human Resource Sector Council
- Stonegate Private Council
- Nova Scotia College of Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Gary Mackenzie Accounting
- Annapolis Group
- Nova Scotia Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
- The College of Paramedics of Nova Scotia
- College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Dietetic Association
- Atlas Estate Planning Services Ltd.
….plus many other Hawthorne tenants who donated when we weren’t looking!
Halifax contributions donated to the Clothing Bank at Brunswick Street Mission
- Hosting partner Newfoundland & Labrador Housing & Homelessness Network (NLHHN)
- NLHHN’s Network Café patrons and Provincial Learning Centre workshop participants
- Harris Ryan Accounting staff
- Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Children, Seniors and Social Development staff
Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc. donated to Inn from the Cold in Newmarket/Aurora
THANK YOU to our hosting partners and individual groups for your participation this year!