27 Nov Barefoot’s Winter Sock Drive: Register Your Workplace Today!
November 27th is GivingTuesday, the national movement dedicated to giving back. Barefoot Facilitation Inc. is pleased to be involved as we launch our annual Barefoot for Barefeet sock drive.
We invite all of our contacts to donate 1-2 pairs of new winter socks in support of a local charity or homeless shelter. And we’re posing a challenge to YOUR workplace! We need your help to get us to our goal of 500 socks collected.
Want to help? Here’s how:
- Select a local charity or homeless shelter in your community to support. (If you live in the area of Halifax, NS or St. John’s, NL, we have local campaigns already happening! Read about our charities of choice below).
- Register your workplace. Contact Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-493-3059. Provide your name, contact information, workplace name, community, province/state and the name of the organization you are supporting.
- Create a donation box. Find a medium-sized box, tape the Barefoot for Barefeet logo to the box and place it in your reception area or other high-traffic area.
- Promote the campaign in your workplace. Watch for an email from Joanna with a downloadable copy of the Barefoot for Barefeet logo. Use it to help spread the word! Send emails, post small signs and invite employees to bring their donations to meetings or a staff event.
- Accept donations of new winter socks up to December 21st.
- Tell us your numbers. Email Joanna by January 4th with your final number of socks collected so we can include your total in our final count.
- Drop off your sock donations to the organization you’ve selected. (If you live in the area of Halifax, NS or St. John’s, NL, we have drop off locations already created, for your convenience. See below).
- Take pictures of your donation box, of employees making their donations, of your pile of socks or of your visit to your charity to make your donation. Post your pictures to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag them with the hashtag #barefoot4barefeet. We’ll be watching for your pictures!
In January we’ll post a blog to our website celebrating your collective success with the campaign. We’ll list your workplace name and our GRAND total! And we’ll share updates on social media.
We look forward to hearing from workplaces across Canada – and beyond! Join us as we aim to create some warmth and comfort for people battling the cold this winter.
Please contact us today with any questions or to register your workplace.
Gerard Murphy, Founder and President, Barefoot Facilitation Inc. | email@example.com
Halifax Area Local Campaign (Nova Scotia)
Again this year our socks will be donated to the Brunswick Street Mission’s Clothing Bank in Halifax. Sock donations can be dropped off between 9am and 4:30pm at Hawthorne Business Centre, 380 Bedford Highway, Halifax.
St. John’s Area Local Campaign (Newfoundland)
We are partnering with the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing and Homelessness Network (NLHHN) to support The Gathering Place and the Wiseman Centre. In addition to winter socks, donations of men and women’s toiletries and gift cards for stockings (ie: Subway, Tim Hortons, Irving, etc.) can be dropped off at the NLHHN office, or the neighbouring Network Café, 77 Charter Avenue, St. John’s. Stop by between 8:30am and 4:30pm.